cooking and preserving from my weekly CSA box

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring CSA Week 1

Carrots, baby bok choy (joi choy), potatoes, celeriac, baby arugula, and baby spicy greens
This is the first week's haul of my Spring CSA and also my first spring CSA session. It's a light haul, smaller than even the small shares of the summer but I am glad to have some fresh vegetables in the house again.

That ugly vegetable in the center is celeriac, it has a very mild flavor, like a cross between celery and a white potato. It's great in soups, and I will probably either make celeriac and potato soup or cream of celeriac soup. The baby arugula is heading for a salad, the joi choi will probably end up in a salad or a stir fry, and the spicy greens are going in a soup. I will probably split up the carrots for salad and maybe make some glazed carrots as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment