cooking and preserving from my weekly CSA box

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Orange Sweet Rolls


We don't eat a lot of bread around here but these are perfect for a special occasion. If you enjoy the cinnamon rolls in the tube at the grocery store, you will like these even better. And even if you don't like them, you might like these, they weren't doughy or artificial tasting like their processed counterparts, they had just the right amount of sweetness. What is really great is that I found that this dough is easy to work with, I've tried other recipes and have found the dough difficult to roll out or the end result was tough and chewy. I used orange but I think they would be great with lemon as well. Next year, I plan on trying this when Meyer lemons are in season. You can find the recipe here, on Lauren's Latest.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, cinnamon rolls are a favorite treat around here. Love orange rolls. And I still see Meyer lemons in the grocery store around here. Hmmm? ;)

    ReplyDelete