cooking and preserving from my weekly CSA box

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring CSA Week 4

Look at all that green!

It is hard to believe we're already on Week 4. As you can see above, we're looking pretty green. We've got mixed lettuces and spicy mix (the one that looks thin and wispy) and even regular lettuce. Carrots and potatoes, from the winter storage crop, graced our share. The Cutest Little Radishes Ever continue this week with two new additions: a greenhouse grown cuke and cilantro.

As I write this, I'm making taco salad for dinner so we're already down 1 bag of lettuce and the cilantro is gone. I will be trying to think of some new, fun salads to have this week, maybe a new take on some of our favorite dinners. I didn't get a chance to eat just the radish greens alone last week, I tasted them, even added a few to the soup, so hopefully I can try them sauteed soon. They hold up well in anything with cooked greens. So many greens from tubers and root vegetables are tasty and edible, so don't just chop them off and throw them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment