cooking and preserving from my weekly CSA box

Friday, April 5, 2013

Special Occasion Menu: Porchetta, Mushroom Risotto, Asparagus, and Parmesan French Bread


Some people have asked me about this dinner menu and though it is not specifically CSA-oriented, it is all from scratch so since that is legit for my blog, right? (Links to recipes in text). First up, I made the same asparagus I've always made it, since my friend showed me how, roasted with salt, pepper and olive oil and lemon and grated Parmesan at the end, pretty simple. The bread is based on this recipe for Jalapeno-Cheddar bread, but I just use Parmesan for the filling, depending on what I am serving. It's probably my favorite bread recipe in the whole world. For the risotto, I just made my standard risotto, browning the mushrooms separately and saving the liquid to use in the risotto. I also bought some chives at Tendercrop Farm that were included in the risotto, fresh herbs make such a difference. For the porchetta, I used this recipe from Bon Appetit, I had been saving it for over two years for the right moment. The only real change I made was not using fennel seed, not a huge fan of fennel here. My only regret was that I didn't make it sooner. The pork belly came from Blood Farm, which is the last small slaughter house in Massachusetts, they are so awesome that they don't even need a website. as for the porchetta, it just made the meal so special, it truly is a great recipe and I was really glad that I went out on a limb and made it instead of sticking with a rib roast or steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment