cooking and preserving from my weekly CSA box

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring CSA Week 3

Pretty little radishes

Mustard greens, joi choi, lettuce mix, tatsoi, potatoes and radishes. (clockwise)
Spring is here, or at least pretending to be here a few days a week. We're still in mud season and all getting a touch of cabin fever. It is always fun to see the different changes in the CSA box from week to week, perhaps being stuck in the house all winter adds to that excitement. This week we have the cutest little radishes, I had beets but I swapped them for a second bunch of radishes. If I have time, I may sautee the radish greens for a side dish but, otherwise the radishes are going to be great in salad or spring rolls. As for the other greens, I see multiple salads in the week ahead. I'm still thinking of working the tatsoi into a gingery soup, something quick and flavorful for lunch. I have a stew in the works with potatoes and carrots that will be ample for dinner and lunch the next day. As for the mustard greens, I don't know how much bite they have, so I may blanch half and serve the other half raw, and we'll see how we like them best. Overall, Everyone in our family has enjoyed much more energy from eating so many greens, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment